10 Tips for Successful Temping
Temporary work with Recruitment Edge gives you an opportunity for flexibility in your career, a chance to meet new people, try different industries and learn new skills.
To be a successful temporary, you need to:
1. Communicate with Us
We are here to help you. Please contact us immediately if:
- There are changes made to the assignment (duties, hours, duration etc.)
- Any problems occur with your assignment (your duties, work environment etc.)
- You are unable to attend an assignment due to illness or other reason
- A client wants to hire you directly on a casual or permanent basis
- You incur a work-related injury while on your assignment
- You change your name, address, or bank account details
- You gain additional skills
2. Dress Appropriately
- Dress professionally, and appropriately, for each work environment
3. Be Professional and Confident
- A warm and professional attitude is the best way to fit into a new job
- Be friendly, introduce yourself to others and tell them that you are a temp from Recruitment Edge – we’re proud of our temps!
- Familiarise yourself with the work environment (amenities, equipment, basic procedures etc.)
- Be flexible and use your initiative – ask for more work if you need it
- Stay neutral and avoid office gossip or politics
4. Ask the Client Questions
- Ask questions to ensure that you understand work instructions
- Ask when it is convenient to take your lunch break – don’t just assume a time!
- Seek permission before working overtime
5. Maintain Confidentiality
- Don’t discuss specific details of your work with anyone except for your supervisor
6. Abide by Phone/Email/Internet Etiquette
- Accessing a company’s email or Internet facilities for personal use is strictly prohibited
- Ask permission if you need to make an urgent personal phone call
- Advise friends, family, babysitters etc to call Recruitment Edge if they need to contact you. It is always more appropriate for Recruitment Edge to pass on messages to you
- If you carry a mobile phone, please switch it off whilst at work and only use it during authorised breaks
7. Be Punctual
- Try to arrive a little early on the first day and adhere to your expected hours of work
- Allow yourself plenty of travelling time
8. Be Safety Conscious
- Comply with all of your safety obligations and requirements – see the WHS section of this website for a guide.
9. Make a Great Impression
- Complete your assignment to the best of your ability
- Check all of your work – it is better that you find your own mistakes if you make any!
- Remember, you are evaluated on each assignment, as is Recruitment Edge, and a great evaluation may lead to further work for both of us!
10. Remember your Timesheet
- If you want to get paid, ensure that your timesheet is completed and sent back to Recruitment Edge by 6pm every Friday
"Recruitment Edge's success is based on a deep understanding of the business, building trusting relationships with its client as well as the candidates."
"Consistently provides a service which is second to none and they are a true business partner in every sense. Engaging Recruitment Edge will be the best decision you make.....one day you will look around and realise that all your great people have been placed by Recruitment Edge."
"It's a testament to the quality of Recruitment Edge services that I would not consider using any other recruitment agency; either now or in the future. Their work ethic and selection process is exemplary and this is most certainly reflected in the high quality of candidates while still managing to ensure 'value for money' in a very competitive market."
"Recruitment Edge stands out from the other recruitment firms because they are passionate about what they do and they genuinely care about their client and candidate relationships, they want long-term relationships. This is a truly unique characteristic to find in their industry."
"What sets Recruitment Edge apart from other recruiters is that they take the time to understand the client's needs. Zetco has very high standards and Tania and her team have always ensured that prospective candidates are the right fit. Recruitment Edge's professional philosophy includes a strong commitment to workplace health & safety and it is well aligned with Zetco's policies and procedures."
"The Recruitment Edge Team are passionate, dedicated and friendly. INSTYLE and I are fortunate to be associated with you. So many of our critical operational positions at INSTYLE are peopled by fantastic candidates that Recruitment Edge sent us. We have a vibrant office culture at INSTYLE - I guess it's another reason why we gravitate towards a relationship with Recruitment Edge, we think alike!"
"The best aspect of the Recruitment Edge service is the professional nature of the interaction with clients. Staff are always more than happy to help, efficient and don't muck you about with useless candidates. No improvement required! 100/100 compared to other agencies."