Risk Management Policy - COVID-19
At Recruitment Edge, the health and wellbeing of our people, our clients and our community is our priority. We want to reassure all our stakeholders that we are fully resourced to support and service our clients, our candidates and our temporary workers in what can only be described as unprecedented circumstances.
As you would be aware, the Federal and State Governments have been proactively managing the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to update the Australian community over the coming days and weeks ahead.
We have put in place a range of risk management initiatives to ensure we protect the health and safety of our employees, candidates, clients and suppliers.
Reporting Requirements: Employees, Temporary Workers & Candidates
Reporting requirements for symptoms of COVID-19 or flu like symptoms:
- If you are suspected of having COVID-19 you must seek medical guidance and not attend the workplace.
- You must not attend work if you have had known contact with someone who is affected or likely to be affected by COVID-19. You must self-quarantine for 14 days, and if you show any symptoms during this time you must seek medical assistance and not return to work until you have been medically cleared to do so.
- Regardless of whether you have travelled or not, if you are exhibiting any flu-like symptoms, you must notify Recruitment Edge ASAP. Please seek medical attention, and a medical clearance certificate must be provided to Recruitment Edge prior to you returning to work.
- You must also notify Recruitment Edge of your suspected illness/absence and keep them informed of your progress. You must not return to work until you have been declared fit by a medical practitioner.
- You must also notify Recruitment Edge immediately that you are unwell and keep all parties informed as to your progress.
- If you are suffering from any underlying health issues which may cause you to be more susceptible to COVID-19, please notify Recruitment Edge.
All notifications must be made via phone AND email to:
Charlotte Harrison, Temporary Division Manager, Recruitment Edge
9317 2333 / 0499 808 555
Hygiene and Social Distancing
It is every person’s responsibility to practice social distancing (1.5 meters where possible) – no handshaking or hugging. You are urged to practice good hygiene - wash your hands thoroughly and regularly. These two factors are extremely important as this will help to stop the spread and delay the transmission of the virus over the next few months.
If you are feeling unwell or you have come into contact with someone diagnosed with COVID19 please advise Recruitment Edge.
Personal travel - return to work restrictions:
As of 18 March 2020, the Australian Government has announced a travel ban for all overseas travel. Under no circumstances are you to travel overseas.
We also recommend you refrain from domestic airline and/or cruise travel.
If you do travel please notify Recruitment Edge in advance of your trip, detailing the below:
- Dates of Travel
- Mode of Travel
- Travel Destinations
- Stopover Destinations
- and any other Information that may be deemed relevant to your travel
Please note: if you choose to proceed with any international or interstate travel plans you may be requested to self-quarantine for 14 days from your date of return.
If you show any flu-like symptoms during this quarantine period, you must seek medical advice and only return to work once you have been cleared fit to do so.
The above recommendation includes you refraining from domestic airline and / or cruise travel, and other forms of domestic travel (e.g. driving provided that it is safe to do so and provided that you engage in safe driving habits).
Events and Meetings
- All large-scale internal and external events in the next few months are postponed until further notice.
- Employees, temporary workers and candidates are to not attend any non-essential gatherings as per the Australian government recommendations.
- Employees and candidates should not attend any work-related external events until otherwise notified. In the event you believe your attendance at an event is crucial, you should seek permission from Recruitment Edge.
- Further, we encourage staff, candidates and temporary workers to limit face-to-face meetings and appointments and if possible, arrange meetings via telephone.
- Where onsite client meetings are required, clients should be advised of our policy regarding attendance i.e. no one attending the meeting should have had known contact with someone who is affected or likely to be affected by COVID-19 or have returned from overseas in the previous 14 days.
Recruitment Edge management will continue to monitor this situation closely and respond accordingly. We have been preparing a range of contingency plans in response to this unfolding public health situation. If you are quarantined or are caught up in any of the above, efforts will be made for you to work from home where practicable and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis at this stage.
National Services / Information
Australian Government - Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
Coronavirus Health Information Line
Call this line if you are seeking information on novel coronavirus.
The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
1800 020 080
Your State or Territory Government Health website
E.g. NSW Government Health - COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
Out of Hours Assistance
For emergencies outside business hours please phone:
Tania Kapell, Managing Director, Recruitment Edge
0418 652 234
We thank you for your ongoing cooperation.
"Recruitment Edge's success is based on a deep understanding of the business, building trusting relationships with its client as well as the candidates."
"The best aspect of the Recruitment Edge service is the professional nature of the interaction with clients. Staff are always more than happy to help, efficient and don't muck you about with useless candidates. No improvement required! 100/100 compared to other agencies."
"It's a testament to the quality of Recruitment Edge services that I would not consider using any other recruitment agency; either now or in the future. Their work ethic and selection process is exemplary and this is most certainly reflected in the high quality of candidates while still managing to ensure 'value for money' in a very competitive market."
"Recruitment Edge stands out from the other recruitment firms because they are passionate about what they do and they genuinely care about their client and candidate relationships, they want long-term relationships. This is a truly unique characteristic to find in their industry."
"What sets Recruitment Edge apart from other recruiters is that they take the time to understand the client's needs. Zetco has very high standards and Tania and her team have always ensured that prospective candidates are the right fit. Recruitment Edge's professional philosophy includes a strong commitment to workplace health & safety and it is well aligned with Zetco's policies and procedures."
"The Recruitment Edge Team are passionate, dedicated and friendly. INSTYLE and I are fortunate to be associated with you. So many of our critical operational positions at INSTYLE are peopled by fantastic candidates that Recruitment Edge sent us. We have a vibrant office culture at INSTYLE - I guess it's another reason why we gravitate towards a relationship with Recruitment Edge, we think alike!"
"Consistently provides a service which is second to none and they are a true business partner in every sense. Engaging Recruitment Edge will be the best decision you make.....one day you will look around and realise that all your great people have been placed by Recruitment Edge."