Consent to Collect and Use Personal Information
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from the very sensitive (eg. medical history or condition) to the everyday (eg. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with your possible work placements. Personal information includes sensitive information.
What is Sensitive Information?
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinion about your:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political opinion;
- Membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs;
- Membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union;
- Sexual preferences or practices;
- Criminal record
- Health or disability (at any time);
- Expressed wishes about the future provision of health services.
It includes personal information collected to provide a health service. Sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal and sensitive information will be collected by Recruitment Edge for its own use in connection with your work placements.
How will your personal and sensitive information be collected?
Personal and sensitive information will be collected from you directly when you fill out and submit one of our registration forms or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- We receive any reference about you;
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test;
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- We receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
- You provide us with any additional information about you;
How will your personal and sensitive information be used?
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in connection with:
- Your actual or possible work placement;
- Your performance appraisals;
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
- Our identification of your training needs;
- Any workplace rehabilitation;
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information.
Who may your personal and sensitive information be disclosed to?
Your personal and sensitive information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Recruitment Edge;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A workers compensation body;
What if you do not provide us with the information we seek?
If you do not give us the information we seek:
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you;
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work;
Can you gain access to your information to correct it if it is wrong?
Subject to some exceptions which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), you have a right to see and have a copy of personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
If you are able to establish that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, we will take reasonable steps to correct it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If we are unable to agree that personal or sensitive information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may ask us to place with the information a statement by you that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up to date.
If you wish to exercise your rights of access and correction, you should contact our privacy coordinator, Tania Kapell.
In some cases we may impose a charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
What are your rights as a candidate?
That the employment placement service must not charge a job seeker a fee for the purpose of finding the job seeker employment;
An employment placement service must not engage in misleading or deceptive conduct (such as advertising a (position as being available when the agency knows no such position exists or knowingly giving misleading information to a job seeker about the nature of a position); and
If a job seeker believes that an employment placement service has acted inappropriately, the job seeker may contact the Department of Fair Trading for information on possible action that may be taken.
Your signature on the “Recruitment Edge Candidate Registration Form” will confirm consent to the collection, use and storage of your personal and sensitive information.
"Recruitment Edge's success is based on a deep understanding of the business, building trusting relationships with its client as well as the candidates."
"Consistently provides a service which is second to none and they are a true business partner in every sense. Engaging Recruitment Edge will be the best decision you make.....one day you will look around and realise that all your great people have been placed by Recruitment Edge."
"It's a testament to the quality of Recruitment Edge services that I would not consider using any other recruitment agency; either now or in the future. Their work ethic and selection process is exemplary and this is most certainly reflected in the high quality of candidates while still managing to ensure 'value for money' in a very competitive market."
"Recruitment Edge stands out from the other recruitment firms because they are passionate about what they do and they genuinely care about their client and candidate relationships, they want long-term relationships. This is a truly unique characteristic to find in their industry."
"What sets Recruitment Edge apart from other recruiters is that they take the time to understand the client's needs. Zetco has very high standards and Tania and her team have always ensured that prospective candidates are the right fit. Recruitment Edge's professional philosophy includes a strong commitment to workplace health & safety and it is well aligned with Zetco's policies and procedures."
"The Recruitment Edge Team are passionate, dedicated and friendly. INSTYLE and I are fortunate to be associated with you. So many of our critical operational positions at INSTYLE are peopled by fantastic candidates that Recruitment Edge sent us. We have a vibrant office culture at INSTYLE - I guess it's another reason why we gravitate towards a relationship with Recruitment Edge, we think alike!"
"The best aspect of the Recruitment Edge service is the professional nature of the interaction with clients. Staff are always more than happy to help, efficient and don't muck you about with useless candidates. No improvement required! 100/100 compared to other agencies."