Accounts Payable Officer
This government-owned provider of health services will welcome your strong reconciliation skills to assist their Finance team whilst the business transitions to a new system.
You will work closely with the Financial Accounting & Accounts Payable teams processing invoices for payment in accordance with company policies, procedures and financial delegations; and supporting the internal and external customers with their inquiries.
Supplier Invoice and Payment Processing
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of documents submitted for payment.
- Invoices from suppliers have the appropriate authorisation
- The goods or services have been received
- Calculated amounts are correct
- Purchases are supported by proper tax invoices and GST amounts are correct
- Invoices are correctly coded by cost centre, account code and project cod.
- Ensure all invoices are accurately entered into the computerised accounting system
- Ensure that suppliers’ invoices are paid when due
- Ensure creditor discounts are taken where applicable
- Encourage suppliers to accept payment by electronic funds transfer and minimise payments by cheque
- All electronic interfaces from suppliers are reconciled and uploaded into the Processit and Oracle financial system in a timely manner
- Liaise with suppliers and manage disputes and queries
- Prepare end of month accrual
Employee claims and credit card expenses processing
- Ensure all reimbursements, travel allowance and mileage are processed and paid on a timely manner
- Ensure that credit card expenses are acquitted on a timely manner
- The rates for staff and travel allowances within the MyExpenses module are accurate and up to date
- Perform audit review of approved expenses within Oracle
- Ensure creditor statements are reconciled and checked as required
- Reconcile credit card clearing in a timely manner, ensuring that credit card policies are being adhered to by cardholders
- Ensure accruals are completed every end of the month.
- Serves as a back-up to Accounts Payable Manager for end of the month process.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a high volume accounts payable environment
- Exposure to a medium to large corporate environment
- Exposure to distribution, services or retail in a multi-branch environment.
- Familiarity with large integrated computer systems such as Oracle (or other high end integrated system)
- Intermediate Excel and Microsoft office skills
- Sound reconciliation skills
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- Communicate in a positive and productive way.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other people involved in the financial processes
COVID-19 Vaccination certification: The successful candidate for this position will be required to provide evidence of their double vaccination status, or a valid medical contraindication certificate, prior to the department finalising the appointment of the candidate.Apply Now