About Burwood Council:
Located between Sydney & Parramatta cities, Burwood Local Government area is a melting pot of culture with a thriving business and retail centre surrounded by historic villages, each with their own distinct character and charm, including Burwood Heights, Croydon, Croydon Park and Strathfield.
Our recently appointed General Manager is leading an organisational transformation during this time of renewal and growth, focussed on the customer experience, performance improvement and ethical leadership.
You will be responsible for the planning, promotion, coordination, delivery and evaluation of Councils' major events program.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering Council's calendar of major events and memorial services (e.g. Australia Day, Lunar New Year, Burwood festival etc.)
- Advising community groups and other hirers holding large to major events at Council parks & facilities
- Preparing & implementing a risk management plan for all events & programs in conjunction with the Risk Management Coordinator
- Developing & implementing best practice systems and processes
- Exploring opportunities for sponsorship of events and the continuous development of a range of events
- Managing the revenue and expenditure budgets
Required Skills & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent demonstrated work experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of events management and coordination of all event elements
- High level experience in developing risk management strategies and best practice systems & processes for large-scale public events
- Well-developed negotiation, organisational, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong administrative & financial management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Availability to work out of hours and on weekends as required
- Current Driver's licence
- Current Working With Children check & clearance
- Local government experience an advantage as are multimedia skills including knowledge of a design program, photography & website editing.
Further information regarding this role can be found in the Position Description at www.burwood.nsw.gov.au
ENQUIRIES: Anna Dikian, Manager & Senior Recruiter on (02) 9317 2333.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your application to [email protected]
Applications MUST include a resume, a cover letter (2 pages maximum) that succinctly addresses how you meet each Selection Criteria outlined in the position description, and answers to the following two questions:
Question 1: Describe an event you have created based on a broad brief and the successes and challenges it presented?
Question 2: Briefly outline an initiative or change you have conceived and implemented which demonstrates your commitment to continuous improvement of event systems, policies and procedures?Apply Now