WHS | Work Health & Safety Advisor | Consultant
- Government Position
- 6 month assignment
- Onsite parking, innovative environment
- Southern Suburbs
Passionate about Health and Safety? Are you up to date on all current WHS practices, laws and legal requirements? Then we may have just the contract role for you!
Working for one of the leading research and development organisations in the world, this company will look great on your resume!
The main focus of this role is to provide advisory and investigative approach to the organisations and provide continual improvements to all WHS policies and procedures and provide recommendations on implementation actions to close any identified gaps in the business.
Duties will include:
- Develop, review and update all WHS procedures, policies and other management systems to ensure they are compliant with legislative requirements
- Develop, coordinate and conduct WHS training. Provide guidance in WHS topics such as hazardous material handling, manual handling, safe work method statements and ergonomics
- Provide advice relating to chemical and construction safety
- Conducting audit's both on and off site to ensure compliance
- Providing emergency response to site
- Improving safety culture throughout the business
Essential requirements of the role:
- Degree qualified in WHS/relevant discipline or relevant experience
- Strong understanding of WHS legislation
- Experience in a similar role, construction industry exp would be advantageous
- Experience with confined spaces
- Ability to work fast and make quick assessments
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Excellent negotiation/presentation skills
- Drivers Licence and Car due to the location
Desirable backgrounds include: Manufacturing, Production Refinery, Mechanical, Construction, Research Laboratories or Hygiene.
APPLY NOW or call Ronda Culnane or Jacob Tiplady on 9317 2333