Operations Administration Assistant - Local Council
- Pivotal role within local council
- 6 month role with immediate commencement
- Competitive salary
- Onsite role
This busy local Council has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced and organised Administrator to support the team. Currently seeking a dedicated team member to assist with the day to day running of the works depot.
This is a key role focused on providing efficient administrative and corporate support to the Works, Parks and Operations Team.
- Providing day to day support, administrative input and delivery of correspondence to the Works, Parks and Operations Team and Land, Infrastructure & Environment team
- Procurement of office stationery and other consumables, preparation of Purchase Orders and processing of related invoices.
- Preparation of all operational team\s timesheets for payroll processing
- Ensure timely and accurate journal input and with appropriate authorizations
- Diary Management for the department director
- Minute taking for committee meetings
- Maintenance of various databases and registers across various areas of operations
- Accept responsibility for a variety of projects designated by the Managers and Supervisors and effective project delivery
- Act with sensitivity, confidentially, courtesy and discretion at all times.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required by Group Manager Operations
- Use Council's authorised recordkeeping system to create and receive documents including emails, in accordance with Council's Records Management Plan
Essential requirements of the role:
- Extensive experience in administration support to senior officers
- Excellent organisational and co-ordination skills
- Demonstrated ability and experience in preparation, entry and processing data
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Demonstrated communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Well developed time management skills
- Experience in the purchase of office stationery and understanding of purchasing
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and ability to operate as an effective team member
- Attention to detail
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Understanding of and commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Work Health & Safety (WH&S) and Cultural Diversity principles
- Proven capability to remain impartial and handle confidential information and correspondence
APPLY NOW or call Charlotte on 9317 2333Apply Now