Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Officially certified as a 'Great Place to Work'!
- Opportunity to make your mark in this newly created role
- Genuine career development available
- Entrepreneurial, agile culture supporting continued growth & automation
- Trusted Australian brand within the infrastructure consumables sector
- Western suburbs - Parking on-site
- Generous salary + super + 10% performance incentive plan
Positioned as a leader in the civil construction sector for over 20 years, this organisation is synonymous with consistently delivering unparalleled levels of service and quality infrastructure consumables to its’ customers.
As a trusted supplier to some of Australia’s largest infrastructure projects including Westconnex and Sydney Metro, this brand has continued to go from strength-to-strength. Their success and growth are underpinned by a clear mission and core values that support entrepreneurial and agile work practices, and facilitate organic growth and growth via acquisitions.
This next exciting phase of growth and automation has created an opportunity for a highly driven individual to make their mark in this newly created role.
Reporting to the COO, you will develop and refine the strategic sourcing strategies for the organisation's local & international suppliers including providing advice on the strategic and transactional aspects of sourcing; be accountable for end-to-end sourcing activities; and providing leadership & expertise to ensure commercial outcomes for the business.
Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Defining the procurement strategy and its objectives to secure supply, rationalise suppliers, and achieve optimal value savings for all 'direct' products
- Sourcing & building a network of suppliers to ensure strong commercial outcomes
- Determining contract type that will best suit the procurement strategy
- Undertaking procurement risk assessments and considering due diligence activities
- Facilitating and/or creating the drafting of supplier commercial & performance terms and conditions, including audits
- Monitoring and reporting supplier contract KPI performance, compliance requirements, risks, issues and opportunities
- Collaborating & understanding category specifications and ensuring risk, compliance, and other legal aspects in agreements are appropriate and maintained
- Developing and managing the Modern Slavery requirements as per the Modern Slavery Act
- Creating collaboration between category managers, purchasing team, and business unit stakeholders in order to deliver on procurement activities
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in a Strategic Sourcing management role for 'direct' products ideally for a Distributor of Industrial products, or within the FMCG or Retail sectors
- Proven track record in developing and implementing an effective strategy for supplier diversification and risk management
- Strong analytical skills; advanced Excel; and experience using BI tools
- Well-developed negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Relevant tertiary qualification - Degree preferred
APPLY NOW or call Anna on 9317 2333Apply Now